NEW for incoming Class of 2014!
Is community service an important aspect of your life? Are you passionate about social justice? If YES!, consider living next year in the HOUSE theme community at DePaul. HOUSE provides students the opportunity to integrate community service into their first year college experience. While studying and living on campus, students will commit to serving the urban community of Chicago, working with our underprivileged and marginalized neighbors. Through group reflection with their HOUSE-mates, students will examine closely the intersection between their own personal faith and justice. This is truly a unique way for students to live with other socially committed young leaders from diverse religious perspectives and academic majors. The bonds of friendships gained from living in HOUSE and the exposure from volunteering in the community will have a lifetime impact.
- Community covenant established by all student residents in HOUSE
- Participation together as HOUSE community on university wide New Student Service Day and Vincentian Service Day
- Opportunity to participate on HOUSE service immersion trips during spring or winter break
- Commitment to community service at one of the designated HOUSE volunteer sites (regular participation throughout each quarter allows students to build relationships with the people they serve)
- Special HOUSE social events
- HOUSE social justice, civic engagement and socially responsible leadership programming
- HOUSE weekend retreat in the spring quarter
- Opportunities for community faith sharing, prayer and reflection
Contact Ziena Miller at 773.325.2276 or email@example.com for more information.